We are currently taking expressions of interest from farmers looking to come on board with us as suppliers, becoming part of the Spring Sheep Gentle Exchange.
An exciting opportunity
The New Zealand sheep milk farming model has never been more compelling; the recent introduction of imported specialized dairy sheep genetics has shifted the industry to be economically sustainable for commercially sized farming units. The lower environmental impact of sheep milking and the ability to use existing dairy cow infrastructure in the conversion makes the farming model an ideal opportunity for existing dairy farmers looking to convert.
Your benefits when you become a Spring Sheep supplier
• Access to established milking ewes with proven milk yields
• A blueprint to two proven Waikato farming models to suit your farm size and system
• Receive all the support you will need to establish, run and grow your business from our Spring Sheep family
• Industry-leading genetics, generating the best commercial milk yields
• A proven conversion pathway to show low environmental impact land usage change
• Multi-year guaranteed milk price
Life on the farm
What is being a Spring Sheep Farmer really like? Hear first-hand about the team experience from Farm Manager Felicity Cameron
Why join Spring Sheep’s Gentle Exchange?
When you meet our team you’ll feel and understand how our culture and vision is integrated into everything we do - from how we care for the environment, our animals and people, right the way through to the satisfied consumer of our high-value nutrition products. Find out more about the benefits of joining the Spring Sheep Gentle Exchange.
Choosing to get into sheep milking is a big decision! There is no cookie-cutter for sheep milking – but we have some ideas. We have three different models to draw learnings from and apply to your goals and lifestyle. Contact the team to discuss the best options for you.